Sunday, December 11, 2011

Lasting Memories #68 - Winter and Snowflakes


I think the only real thing I like about the snow is all the fun pictures I get of the kids playing outside. lol.
They have a blast and I remember when I did too....before I had to shovel, snowblow, drive in it, .....ick.
But it is really pretty after the fresh snowfall. I usually run right out to the nature center and take lots of pictures of the snow covered evergreens. Hopefully, ( and I say this while rolling my eyes), I will be able to get more nice pictures and not have the big hassle. Last year we had a huge blizzard and I was snowed in for two days.

So this week, Lasting Memories wants to see your snowflakes and Winter Wonderland projects. You really have to see the Design Team projects! When I think snow, I think lots of white. These girls used so many different colors and ideas! I feel like a whole new world of ideas has opened up for me! Gotta think outside the box....

Even though I had plenty of snow pics of my kids, I wanted to work on sketch #110 from Let's Capture These Sketches. It was really hard to find smaller pictures, but luckily, I saved all my photo cards from the family from last Christmas. These are my cousins kids on vacation at the beach. What a fun and "warming" Christmas card! For the background I used older Heidi Grace flocked snowflake paper. I added a few foam snowflakes and some bling to the centers. The larger snowflakes were made with my border punch and rolled up with foam flakes in the center. The tag is a chipboard piece from Heidi Grace and I saved the bottom part of the card with the kids names and date on it.


Be sure to stop by Lasting Memories and show us what colors and designs you come up with for snowflakes

Oh wait...one more thing...we have a giveaway!! Michele is sponsoring us this week!!!! Two 6 x 6 "Mini Decks" of Fun Wintery and Christmasy (Is that a word? YES!!) patterened paper from Cosmo Cricket and My Minds Eye.

So be sure to stop by and see our Design Team projects and don't forget to play along!

7 comments:

  1. Loveeeeeeeeeeeeee this!!! LOVING the photos and all the snowflakes! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh I just absolutely love your layout!! Who would think of summer photos and snowflakes. You did!! And I just love it Wendy! the whole idea of the calmness of the beach and snow is so perfect! And your million layered snoflakes are awesome!! Great job this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your snowflakes. I need to use more layers cause yours are just gorgeous. Awesome layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to make a layout of a picture Christmas card rather than just throw it in a drawer. Love that you used the words too. Going to do this with some of my old pic cards. Love the different textures of snowflakes you used. Looks very dimensional.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFUL Layout!! Love all the textures. Have a GREAT Day,
    Me-Ma Kim
    LMDT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very creative...snowflakes & dimensions! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. to the hіghest degrеe of thе tantrіc
    mаssage massage technіques too involvе maintaining a
    firm pressing at the trouble musca volitаns for a cаtamenia the tip of
    lamp and сomplete the 1.5 lakh tіmes mantra chanting.


    Here is mу blog; erotic massage
    Also see my webpage: tantric massage London advance bookings line

    ReplyDelete