Sunday, June 26, 2011

Nature's Beauty



I am so happy that Summer is finally here! The only bad thing about it is that I so want to be outside, but I really want to stay inside and scrap all day! I've been taking tons of pictures lately and if you are my friend on Facebook, you'll know what I am talking about. We try to plan at least one outing every weekend. Sometimes I get a little carried away and we over do it. Me personally, I could keep going and going like the Energizer Bunny. But the little ones need their naps...and so does the hubby...lol.

Yesterday we spent a wonderful day at Starved Rock State Park. I was determined to go soon and everything worked out perfectly. The rain has been crazy around here and this was the first weekend that we were able to enjoy the entire day - rain free. I knew the waterfalls were going to be very active and I just had to get there to see them. I cannot wait to get the pictures printed and scrap them! I took so many, I don't think this is going to be a mini album. This deserves it's own 12 x 12 book! Feel free to send me a friend request on Facebook to watch our latest adventures this summer! My motto is "everything is a photo op!"

Here is a nature page I made using sketch #159 from Creative Scrappers. Lots of older stash was used to make this one. I stamped some leaf and flower images on the background. The felt pieces have been around forever. sooo glad to finally use them! The leaves are from some stems I bought at Michael's last season. I also used some silk ribbon behind some of the felt. I love the natural look and texture of it all. The corrugated piece is from packaging that I had saved. I used some darker green ink and stamped the same image on that too....just to dress it up a bit. I know it's hard to see, but the plain corrugated was boring. I used this for the challenge at ScrapFit#45. The challenge was to use something laying around the house. I had lots of these smaller boxes saved just for the corrugated parts. I love using them on nature pages and even some farm pages.

I really wish I could stay inside today and work on pages, but this beautiful weather is calling for me to get out. Maybe I'll just sit outside and sort through pictures to upload and order...that is going to be a huge project! So many great pictures to choose from.

Enjoy this beautiful Sunday!!! :)


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful LO! I love the embellishments. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Love the cardboard & leaves! I tear apart boxes just for the cardboard, too! Thanks for joining us at ScrapFIT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picture - what a funny name for a park! Glad you've been able to enjoy the outdoors! Thanks for playing at ScrapFIT!

    ReplyDelete