Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Paper Variety - Week 17

I loved this sketch from this week's challenge at The Paper Variety!! I had about a dozen different themes and pictures to choose from. But of course, nothing seemed to come together easily. I couldn't think of papers or anything else I wanted to use.

I settled on these fun pictures of my daughter when we went to go see the Tall Ships at Navy Pier.
I wanted a wood grain scalloped circle...so I had to trace one and cut it by hand. :)

The sand dollars and the cute bird, are from a punch out set I bought a loooong time ago. The wood pilings were cut by hand. I added a pewter brad to each one and TRIED to thread jute through each one...that didn't work at all! So I settled for just wrapping it around the brad. The title is from punch out letters I think I bought from QVC about 10 years ago. And the cute little anchor is a wooden accent piece from Michael's.
I had a lot of fun with this one! :)




5 comments:

  1. I love love love your take on this sketch Wendy!! The woodgrain scallop is awesome, as is your "dock" you created. Thanks for sharing at TPV! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! A lot of hand cutting here - and it all looks awesome, Wendy! Love that you made the pilings! Your dd looks so sweet! Thank you for playing at The Paper Variety. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the sketch! love how you make the dock! Thanks for playing along at The Paper Variety :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great page Wendy! I love everything about it! Congrats on being chosen for the spotlight :) Thanks for playing with us at TPV and good luck in the drawing tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful page, Wendy! Thanks for playing at The Paper Variety!

    ReplyDelete