Saturday, January 15, 2011

More Snowflakes...

I LOVE looking at the snow, and I LOVE playing in the snow. But here in Chicago....almost as soon as the snow hits the ground, the temperatures drop to the teens.

My thoughts are to get out as soon as possible, take lots of pics and then hibernate in the house. I usually have my pictures, my scrap stash, hot cocoa and popcorn. That could keep me busy until Spring!

We have a beautiful nature preserve very near our home. Between the frozen lake, gardens, waterfalls and trees, my winter pictures are usually just one stop.

Here is one of my favorite pictures this season.
I used a fun sketch from Frosted Designs. I had originally planned on working with a Christmas picture and hanging ornaments, but couldn't find just the right one.

I pulled out the stash of OLD Heidi Grace papers called Snowflake Park. My inspiration here was from Scrap Our Stash. Our challenge was to "pagerize" this week's layout. I couldn't believe it when I saw these papers. I have had these forever and totally forgot about them! I was so excited to use up more of the stash! :)

At These are a Few of My Favorite Things, the challenge was to use a quote on our project. I dusted off my book of quotes and found the perfect one for this page.

I think I'm addicted to Stickles now. I am pretty sure I have used them on every page I did this week! Is that a bad thing??

Thanks for looking!!! :)




3 comments:

  1. Wonderful layout! The stickles are the perfect touch to this lo.
    Thank you for playing with us at Frosted Designs and I hope you'll join us on our next challenge too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Wendy, this is gorgeous!!! So glad you found that paper... It's perfect!! Love the snowflakes and the photo is unbelievable!!! Can you tell I love your layout?!!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Sketch Along Tuesday ~~ Frosted Designs!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Wendy! I love the picture you used!! Everything goes together perfectly! So glad you could join us at Sketch Along Tuesdays - Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete