Sunday, January 16, 2011

Dreaming of warm weather....

Christy at Sketches 4 All had a great challenge! She used her trip to the Bahamas as an inspirational challenge. You could use the layout she used, the colors, pictures...anything that inspired you about her trip to the Bahamas.
I used some postcards that I had collected from our trip last year. I love collecting them because I know no matter how hard I try, I will never get such beautiful shots.
As I keep looking out at the snow....afraid to go out because it's only 18 degrees outside...I decided it was time to keep warm with thoughts of vacation.

I used a great multi-photo sketch from this week's challenge at Sketchy Thursdays. I almost passed on this one. I'm running out of the smaller pictures and didn't think I would be able to find anything. That's where the postcards came in handy.

I was also challenged at Scrap Fit this week. We had to use our stash and use lots of strips of papers. I pulled the huge box of scraps and started pulling pieces. I took me a while to narrow it down to just a few choices. I really need to pull that box out more...
We also had to add a row of embellishments. I, of course, went to my favorite...BUTTONS!

The title was made from vinyl Thickers letters. I couldn't believe I had enough a's to complete the title!

Happy Sunday!!!




7 comments:

  1. this is great!!! I am also in love with buttons....a page isnt really done unless there is a button on it right? :) great work. I am goin to try and do this challenge myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your layout, the colors are wonderful! Thanks for joining us at ScrapFIT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That page is making me dream of warm weather too. Certainly beats the cold and the rain we have in the UK right now.
    Thanks for playing along x

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this! Love the beach! beautiful colors and those buttons are way cool! thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful lo! Love the blues w/your gorgeous photos! Really lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loveeeeeeeeeeee this!! LOVEEEEEE the photos, the buttons and the sand dollar!! Thanks sooooooooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to go to there!!! Love the choice of paper strips - such a serene layout!!! Thanks for playing with us at ScrapFIT!!!

    ReplyDelete