Monday, June 14, 2010

Practically Scrapping...

Don't you hate it when you see an awesome sketch...and you draw a complete blank on what to do with it??
I knew I wanted to use these pictures....they came out first.  Then after about an hour, I decided on the background paper.  I refused to cut up more 12 x 12 patterned paper, so I went through the box of scraps about 4 times before I settled on the white strip with circles and the darker blue strip with circles.
I remembered right away that I had these really colorful swirls from Bo Bunny...but of course, there went another hour searching for them!  
Then it was time to dig out the Toy Story stickers....which were playing hide and seek with me.  While I was searching, I found my Toy Story gift card.  Ya know, the ones at the Disney Store....sitting there on the counter....looking really cool....
If you know the store manager, she let's you take a few inactive cards to use as embellishments.
Then I had to find the right sized chipboard tags to put the title on, to make it pop a little more.  I covered them in cardstock, which I inked a few different colors.  
Luckily, I found the Toy Story stickers and made them fit....which took a little maneuvering of the whole picture.  
So here is my page....using a great sketch from Practical Scrappers.  
And it only took me about 6 hours of searching....


No comments:

Post a Comment