Saturday, February 6, 2010

Getting started....


Well, I always wanted to start a blog, but kept thinking "who would care what I have to say?".  Then I finally convinced myself that it really didn't matter.  I was doing this for ME.  I can come here to vent,  whine, brag, show off....anything I was in the mood for.   

I love to scrapbook and show off my work.  I would hope that people would like it!  My main subject is Disney, but I have lots of other things I am currently working on.  

I started scrapbooking when I realized that throwing all my daughter's pictures into a box wasn't really a good thing.  It only took me 10 years to realize that!  After finally organizing everything and catching up on her book,  I really felt accomplished.  

I amazed my how I can totally immerse myself into working on layouts and forget about all my troubles.  What started out as a hobby, is now my form of therapy.  Even after a bad day at work, I can come home, pull out some pictures and paper and forget it all.

Of course, I don't even want to talk about what this has done to our financial situation....lol.  But I will admit that I do have an addiction to shopping for the latest and greatest scrapbooking stuff.  But on the other hand, when I finally realize my stash is getting too big, I purge.  I do sell a lot of stuff on Ebay.  I just recently started selling premade layouts with OLD product I have laying around.  I'm trying to stick to a strict rule of only spending the money that I make on Ebay.   I currently have a whopping balance of .....$8.

While the Ebay thing may or may not work out for me, I took a shot at it.  And for that, I have to be proud that took that step to try it.

Just like this blog....you'll never know till you get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment